Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Did you wake up in the middle of the night standing in a puddle of water because a pipe burst? Or maybe your hot water heater had a leak while you were at work. We know how overwhelming those types of thoughts and situations can be – we’ve been there, after all! But don’t worry, SERVPRO of Lake Worth/Benbrook is “Here to Help!®” Our team is ready to come lend a hand 24/7. As soon as you call us, whether you’ve got water damage in Fort Worth, or in Azle we’ll be on our way to your location. In the meantime, take a look at the tips below to make the restoration of your property a breeze and get yourself back to normal.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (817) 560-3086
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.